Cost to Butcher?

Benniken

Hatching
10 Years
Mar 16, 2009
Just curious as to what you all are paying to get your chickens processed? That is when you can find someone to process chickens.

Last I checked, it was $4.75 per bird. I just do them myself
smile.png

I believe we paid $2.00 per Cornish last year. The turkeys were X.XX a pound. (don't remember right now) I do remember that we probably wont raise Turkeys anymore because the processing costs were outrageous!!

The local processor will only do Cornish and Broad Breasted birds. No old hens or roos.

Here the local guy wants 3.50 for Cornish X's and 4.50 for rangers as he sells Cornish X's and Rangers are stealing his business ??? Turkeys are 10 dollars each no matter weight. But there again will only do up to 25 lb turkeys.

Sounds cheap enough, but it really is not that hard to do your own. Why pay some body to do what you can in no time. and think how much money you'll save or make depending on how you look at it.

I have a couple guys I use But depending on what they do $1.65-$2.25 per bird.

One guy is $2. anysize for a whole chicken.(you bag and take home and freeze)

Other guy starts at $1.60 and adds alittle if over 5-6 lbs birds.Then if you want them halved $.25 a bird.(he provides bags,bags them and you pick them up frozen solid)

For these prices,I can't keep the water hot.I would rather pay them just to keep them around for this trade is getting smaller and harder to find.They do a great job and really take pride in their work.The later one mentioned processes any animal and considers himself a professional butcher.He doesn't make much on poultry but considers it part of the trade and continues to do it. Will

Back
Top Bottom