cotton patch geese

Just getting back to this. The geese can be loud when honking but they don't honk at night no. Come on out anytime and meet the geese. We had 78 goslings this spring that made it to new homes ... Trying to do our part to keep the breed going. :)

Just getting back to this. The geese can be loud when honking but they don't honk at night no. Come on out anytime and meet the geese. We had 78 goslings this spring that made it to new homes ... Trying to do our part to keep the breed going. :)
Not like mine, then! Mine shout at night too. 78 goslings.... very nice.
thumbsup.gif

Nice to see other Cottonpatch owners! Honking in the middle of the night? Its worse when its a full moon. I'm wondering why lol. I love my cottonpatch :)

Nice to see other Cottonpatch owners! Honking in the middle of the night? Its worse when its a full moon. I'm wondering why lol. I love my cottonpatch
smile.png
Hi Candygirl. I don´t have exactly cottonpatch, I don´t have exactly pilgrims..they´re somewhere in the middle, but have the same lovely gentle temperaments.
Mine also get quite noisy with a fuller moon... they wander around, too, muttering between themselves. From my house I can see the white males in the moonlight, it´s very nice.
I don´t know how many cottonpatch people you´ll come across on here, most of them seem to Boycott these threads and go to the Facebook, which aurora Springs (on this thread) has something to do with if you want to try for an invite.
But please do feel at home to post on these goose threads, we like all the breeds, and love to see the pics too. Do you have a pic of yours?
Here´s a pic of my auto-sexings (not the ones far left of the pic). Note no pink bill, so not cottons...

Hi Candygirl. I don´t have exactly cottonpatch, I don´t have exactly pilgrims..they´re somewhere in the middle, but have the same lovely gentle temperaments.
Mine also get quite noisy with a fuller moon... they wander around, too, muttering between themselves. From my house I can see the white males in the moonlight, it´s very nice.
I don´t know how many cottonpatch people you´ll come across on here, most of them seem to Boycott these threads and go to the Facebook, which aurora Springs (on this thread) has something to do with if you want to try for an invite.
But please do feel at home to post on these goose threads, we like all the breeds, and love to see the pics too. Do you have a pic of yours?
Here´s a pic of my auto-sexings (not the ones far left of the pic). Note no pink bill, so not cottons...
Beautiful pic livin.

Very nice geese! I love cottonpatch geese!. My cottonpatch are the same as Tom Walkers geese. Same blood. No crosses :). Beautiful pink bill and all. But the thing is some may believe that a solid female should never have white tips of wings. Yes I indeed have a solid female with white tips. I believe this may be a saddleback gene. Whats your thoughts? :)
Love the pic!!!

Also I don't exactly know how to post pics but as soon as I figure it out ill post hahaha!! I'm new :)

Very nice geese! I love cottonpatch geese!. My cottonpatch are the same as Tom Walkers geese. Same blood. No crosses
smile.png
. Beautiful pink bill and all. But the thing is some may believe that a solid female should never have white tips of wings. Yes I indeed have a solid female with white tips. I believe this may be a saddleback gene. Whats your thoughts?
smile.png

Love the pic!!!
From everything I´ve read, Tom Walker created the Cottonpatch geese. There were no doubt very many geese similar to those scattered about on the various farms both in the states and in europe, too. But tom Walker developed the geese the way he remembered them as a boy, and wanted them to be. So, to be a true Cottonpatch as such, it has to fit the Tom Walker standard.
Other auto-sexing geese are found all over the place, like mine here in Brazil. They´re referred to as Common geese, like they were in Europe and most probably in the States before they had a name.. blah blah... I refer to them on these threads as Pilgrim-types, because it´s a way of identifying them.
Pilgrim females in england also tend to show white flights which is undesirable. It´s just perfecting an idea, as with all breeds.
I´m sure your geese are gorgeous, and I´m looking forward to seeing pics.
Not hard, when you click on reply, at the top there´s a toolbar, where the emotion faces are. One of these looks like a postcard with mountains. Click on that, and it´ll pretty well tell you what to do..
smile.png

Tom Walker is actually recognised for saving the Cottonpatch goose from extinction. The geese he has were originally from some where else. A friend of mine and his descendants have had the Cottonpatc
Just as long as Tom Walker. He bought his from the same person Tom did and from the same parents. Mine are actually his geese. Lol. Just randomly ended up with white flight feathers. But onlu one feather on each side is white. I believe this may have been a saddleback or pied mix with a solid casing the white flight feather. Ill post pics when I get home

Back
Top Bottom