Cotton trailer chicken coop ***** UPDATE*****

Looks great!
yippiechickie.gif
You might want to put something on the top to give the chickens more shade ...

Well, I ended up getting them from a lady up the road, and she wanted the trailers. So she gave me the sides for FREE ( One of my favorite words!) so I can't complain!

Wow, I have had that same idea for like .. FORVER! But I just can't seem to get my hands on a cotton trailer! There are tons of them around here just setting around in junk piles all over the place and nobody is using them anymore! Hey .. I got an idea!!! Why don't they just give them all to ME!!!!!!!!
big_smile.png
wee.gif
yippiechickie.gif
D.gif
ya.gif

Well we got one pin done today, two more to go. My neighbor's English mastiff learned real quick not to get close to the coop the electric fence shocked her and she stayed away after that! Well we will see how preditor proof it is in the morning, if he makes it through tonight.

51083_pics_1_162.jpg

51083_pics_1_163.jpg

I ended up turning the shelter around so it would face north and he could have more shade.

51083_pics_1_164.jpg

My happy rooster in his new home!
smile.png

I so much want a cotton trailer for this very project. I found this post by doing a dogpile search for them. Anyone know of any cotton trailers for sale in Missouri???

I am going to try to build a chicken coop out of cotton trailer panels, and was wanting suggestions tips and thoughts from more experienced poultry experts about this. It will be going on land that has no electricty or water but water is no problem because I already hall it to my trees. I am going to get a solar eletric fence and bury tin around the bottom a couple of feet deep. I am going to put wire on the top to keep the hawks out, I hope!
Thanks
smile.png
for your help!
Jared

Hey Jared. I know this is an old thread, but I am down the road from you, near Lamesa. Do you ever sell chicks? I am looking to turn a cotton trailer into a coop/run too, !

Ha, I wasnt even paying attention to the locations of you guys when I just read through this thread. But the whole time I was thinking, "man, if I still lived in Shallowater this would be the way to go cause I know all kinds of farmers there that I could get these panels from."

good to see some west texas folks on here!

Well we got one pin done today, two more to go. My neighbor's English mastiff learned real quick not to get close to the coop the electric fence shocked her and she stayed away after that! Well we will see how preditor proof it is in the morning, if he makes it through tonight.

51083_pics_1_162.jpg

51083_pics_1_163.jpg

I ended up turning the shelter around so it would face north and he could have more shade.

51083_pics_1_164.jpg

My happy rooster in his new home!
smile.png
What did you use to cover the top of this?

Back
Top Bottom