coturnix are hatching! LOTS of pics!

KattyKillFish

Crowing
14 Years
Mar 8, 2009
Dillingham, Alaska
big_smile.png
after all the care and hand turning every day and after all the wait & worry my coturnix are hatching! 13 chicks out of 19 eggs, 4 pipping & zipping so far!!!

look what i found in the incubator!!!
You seem to have a hard time getting yourself oriented. i don't blame you, you're not even fluffy yet!
P4050012.jpg

a while later!
P4050007.jpg

P4050008.jpg

P4050009.jpg

about 5:00 PM
P4050015.jpg

put a dry warm towel in there, the humidity got a bit too high and that fixed it right up! they chicks loved it!
P4050017.jpg

Last edited:
WOW!!! Congrats!!!
celebrate.gif
clap.gif
clap.gif
cute cortunix! you did a great job! Im berly on day 8 =[ longggggggg wait! im hatching chicken eggs thoug.

im going to try to get some cortunix. I just know about chickens then a while back I started with my first Duck so now I have to deal with cortunix! just one question, can they live with chickens?
roll.png
I know its a stupid question but...

well I hope the other ones that are zipping don't take them that long! well I come back like in about 10 hours! I have to get ready and leave for school. Good luck with the other ones, I subscribed so I can be updated =]

Eeeeee!!
ya.gif
Congrats!! So cute!

I have to wait patiently for my Quaily eggs. I'm taking my Araucanas out of the turner tonight and starting my 3-day count down.
smile.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom