coturnix are hatching! LOTS of pics!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by KattyKillFish, Apr 6, 2009.

1. KattyKillFish

KattyKillFish Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 8, 2009
    Dillingham, Alaska
    [​IMG] after all the care and hand turning every day and after all the wait & worry my coturnix are hatching! 13 chicks out of 19 eggs, 4 pipping & zipping so far!!!

look what i found in the incubator!!!
    You seem to have a hard time getting yourself oriented. i don't blame you, you're not even fluffy yet!
    [​IMG]

a while later!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

about 5:00 PM
    [​IMG]

put a dry warm towel in there, the humidity got a bit too high and that fixed it right up! they chicks loved it!
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 6, 2009
  2. Skitz

Skitz Skitz15k

Nov 11, 2008
    Texas
    WOW!!! Congrats!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] cute cortunix! you did a great job! Im berly on day 8 =[ longggggggg wait! im hatching chicken eggs thoug.

3. KattyKillFish

Mar 8, 2009
    Dillingham, Alaska
    wow, cool! i have some phoenix eggs due on the 10th. i'm really excited about them! they are amount my top favorite breeds!

4. Skitz

Skitz Skitz15k

Nov 11, 2008
    Texas
    im going to try to get some cortunix. I just know about chickens then a while back I started with my first Duck so now I have to deal with cortunix! just one question, can they live with chickens? [​IMG] I know its a stupid question but...

5. cowman910

cowman910 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 1, 2009
    Suffolk County,NY
    quail are about two inches tall and a chickens like 6-12 inches tall so the quail might become dinner [​IMG]

6. KattyKillFish

Mar 8, 2009
    Dillingham, Alaska
    lol! not at the same time or in the same incubator or brooder. poor little things! they'd get annihilated!

7. Skitz

Skitz Skitz15k

Nov 11, 2008
    Texas
    well I hope the other ones that are zipping don't take them that long! well I come back like in about 10 hours! I have to get ready and leave for school. Good luck with the other ones, I subscribed so I can be updated =]

8. KattyKillFish

Mar 8, 2009
    Dillingham, Alaska
    2 more out! woohooo!

9. MichiganWoods

MichiganWoods DD (Artistic Digital Diva)

Oct 6, 2008
    West Michigan
    Eeeeee!! [​IMG] Congrats!! So cute!

I have to wait patiently for my Quaily eggs. I'm taking my Araucanas out of the turner tonight and starting my 3-day count down. [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 6, 2009
  10. Boyd

Boyd Recipient of The Biff Twang

Mar 14, 2009
    MI
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by