Coturnix "attacking"?

Bettacreek

Crowing
15 Years
Jan 7, 2009
Central Pennsyltucky
Well, I'm in love with the coturnix, they're simply too sweet. The only weird thing about them is that when I try to hand feed, there are two birds that will bulldoze into my hand and like flog it, jumping up and such. It's only the two birds, but I can't figure out if it's the roo or not (the other is the A&M, gender unknown). They eventually settle down and eat, but I wasn't sure if they were actually "attacking", or if they were attempting to scratch at their food. Anyone else's birds do this?

Thats normal....that is the birds just trying to get to the feed first. It is a dominance thing. You should see it in my pen of 50
ep.gif

thumbsup.gif

Lol. Thanks.
big_smile.png
I'm glad I found out about it first before I let the neighbors' boy feed them... he's a little skittish around birds, but has an insane interest in them. Can't imagine his response if they had done that to him. They don't hurt or anything, but as I said, this kid is interested in all of the birds, but if they flap their wings or ANYTHING, he freaks out. So... note to self, don't let the neighbor kid hand feed the coturnix, lol.

Back
Top Bottom