coturnix chicks hatched today, what colors?

i will be sure to keep posting updated photos, but i don't think its gold at all, its darker in person of course (almost always is)... I've got nothing lol. we'll see how it grows, and of course i keep thinking i need to lock it away in fort Knox lolha. Any thoughts on the other yellow one with the stripes that is coming in dark too?

lol i was just logging on to post that #4 (i think) is the only one feathering in very light, maybe white... beat me to it!

A friend of mine shipped me some eggs.

So here's a photo update on the whole batch, looks like i could have some nice variety there! I'm trying to keep the # chicks matched up with the first post.

By my best count in the whole group of 10 i see only 3 normals... 1 pied (which might be a brown pied), i see 1 rosetta, 1 almost normal brown but not quite, then the rest i'm not sure what to think of them...

11 days old now
wink.png

Current Update on the growing weeds!

The blue is the second one right? It seams like there are a million titles for each color!? Any thoughts as to the first one? It doesn't show up great in the photo, but its white with powder gray blushed into the feathers, a lighter shade then the blue one. Picture 5 and 6 are of the same bird, i had thought it a rosetta, no white on it at all as down, nor when it started to feather in but now its got white coming up inwards on the wing feathers... and dark black barring on the breast. The next 2 i assume are some variation of golds right? The last 3 photos are again of the same bird, pied something or another but what? as a chick it was #7 and to me looked like a regular brown, but now not so much...

Back
Top Bottom