Coturnix in lockdown, when should I become concerned?

Yeah i have never been big on chickens other for the meat and eggs
droolin.gif
all the different types make me at a loss. and would never pay more than 3 dollars and egg unless it was going to be making me some serious dough. Maybe the chick you used the mail polish on will turn that color and youll have a new mutation :D

I dont think im going to ever get the guts to cull the quail. Definitely not the one i hatch out
hu.gif
I was pretty upset when i went on Strombers for the first time and saw all the cool quail with UNAVAILABLE under them
hit.gif
oh well one day they will be mine..... one day

I bet I could find a few buyers for pink silkies lol! Well I admit that I've paid too much for eggs before. Actually the cracked one that I put nail polish on was part of my most expensive batch. Almost $6 an egg. I'm hoping for some of the rare colors from that batch.

I have meat rabbits so I'm not new to culling or anything but I'm hoping I only have 1 rooster. I've never had to cull anything I raised from birth. I'd like to use the ones I hatched this time as breeders. I got my rabbits as adults and I don't handle the babies so that I don't get attached. That's kind of what I'm hoping to do with the quail.

I ended up with 4 chicks. I spent all day yesterday watching them hatch. Still have 2 eggs in the bator that I'm going to give another day or two to get with the program. I was trying to leave them in the incubator until all of them fluffed up but the one that hatched first was hungry I think. After he bit the newest chick and dragged it a little ways by the skin it clamped onto.... I decided it was time to put them in the brooder. They were so tiny to pick up!! I was afraid I was going to crush them on accident lol

6 dollars?!?! and egg? seems like it would start to become a gambling if you were planning to hatch 50+ eggs lol. Dawwwww its cute :)
i put my 15 in the incubator yesterday. this is going to be a long 17 days......

Yup per egg LOL I may eventually sell a few eggs to recoup a little of the money I spent but my silkies are pets and I have a hatching addiction so.... :p

Haha you'll probably be doing what I do and have a staring contest with your eggs. I probably checked on them at least a dozen times every day. I have an auto turner so I don't have the excuse of needing to turn them

I think our chickent are getting old lol

Oh and here are the quail eggs :D

ep.gif
Those are some WEIRD looking chickens eggs! I thought the two thin ones were fingers at first and was trying to figure out how they went through the carton bottom
lau.gif

Love the quail eggs <3 I spent over 2 weeks staring at my quail eggs and now I'm staring at my 4 chicks waiting to see how many hens and roos I ended up with. I see this whole quail venture being a vicious cycle lol Are you looking to start out with a big quail flock? Or just ordered quite a few hoping to get a couple trios/quads? Or are you planning on separating them into groups at all? I ordered hoping for about 2 trios or quads to start with. Now I will settle for just a pair lol

Yeah our chickens are getting very old. thoes are the first 2 deformed eggs we got.

I ordered 12 and got 15 (thought i ordered 22 or 24 LOL) so im hoping to get atleast 4. I plan to set up some trios and maybe later get a big flock going in like a 9x9 cage but will mainly keep trios ad quads, and maybe get a few groups for morphs and secletive breeding. im interested to see how fast the quails will expand. hope you get lucky and get 1 male and 3 females :D

Back
Top Bottom