Coturnix Quail Basics- Information and Pictures Galore

12 eggs in 17 days later 12 chicks out. I loaded it up to start again.

I put them in brooder with paper towels on the bottom, starter sprinkled around, quail waterer, echo brooder. Anything else I'm missing?

This am I found one dead. :( At what age is it recommended to put them on shavings. They are so tiny. Even compared to bantam chicks I wish I could hatch more at a time. Will the hatch in a still air Hovabator with a turner?

That happens, probably suffocated from piling up.

I don't use shavings so I can't say, but if I did it would probably only be for the first few days.

Sure a still air hovabator will work, but for a few bucks you can install a fan and have a forced air hovabator.

This am I found one dead. :( At what age is it recommended to put them on shavings. They are so tiny. Even compared to bantam chicks I wish I could hatch more at a time. Will the hatch in a still air Hovabator with a turner?
Sorry you lost one. I put mine on shavings right out of the incubator. Make sure they all know where the water and food is as soon as you put them in the brooder.

Yes they will hatch in a still air Hovebator, with or without a turner.

That happens, probably suffocated from piling up.

I don't use shavings so I can't say, but if I did it would probably only be for the first few days.

Sure a still air hovabator will work, but for a few bucks you can install a fan and have a forced air hovabator.

What do you put your chicks on?

Back
Top Bottom