Coturnix Quail Basics- Information and Pictures Galore

That might be beyond my bravery level! I'm thinking a newbie like me should probably stick to a regular incubator at least until I get better at this, and I don't have a water heater so even if I wanted to......but thanks so much!

I have done this in the past when I didn't have quail rails and not enough space to fit all eggs in the universal rails..

Cut down water bottles taped to the rails

I would only do it in a forced air

Once had a light dome over a piece of plexiglas and carpet. One 60 watt light bulb and modified aquarium thermostat. Worked great until they hatched. When you lifted the lid quail went everywhere

This is only Production Red chicken eggs but I made a guard for the old style turners that don't have a shield on the motor. That spot closest to the motor can actually overheat that egg. The motor gives off additional heat but it might not be as much of a problem in a forced air...

It's only aluminum foil folded over taped to a sheet of standard printer paper folded over.

Then taped to the turner.

The aluminum foil faces the motor to prevent it from overheating the egg.

White also repels heat better than darker colors so that faces the egg/rest of the turner.

Back
Top Bottom