Coturnix Quail Basics- Information and Pictures Galore

Ok thanks
You should start to be able to see some veins inside the eggs at this stage. Coturnix eggs can be hard to candle if they are too mottled, but there should be a spider like vein system growing by day 8. 
ok thanks so much and yeah I've noticed a few but it's just so hard to see, when should I candle them?

Sometime now is a good time...around 8 to 10 days. Then I like to candle at lock down to remove any that have not developed and aren't viable. That way eggs going into lock down should be good. :)

Anyone know of a reputable online seller I can get Coturnix eggs from for hatching? Don't have any experience buying them online and don't want to get burned. Any input would be appreciated, thanks.

Anyone know of a reputable online seller I can get Coturnix eggs from for hatching? Don't have any experience buying them online and don't want to get burned. Any input would be appreciated, thanks.
James marie farms they're really good just look at there website

Is pinestraw ok for bedding? I'm making a hardware cloth cage with a little 2x2' house for them to walk into, would put the pinestraw in that.

Back
Top Bottom