Coturnix Quail Basics- Information and Pictures Galore

Woke up this morning to a baby quail running around the incubator. My son and daughter then sat and watched another one hatch. I will post some pics when I get home.

Last edited:
So hubby was messing around with the incubator before bed and basically turned it off. I tried to stabilize it this morning but then the temperature went insanely high. I sprayed the eggs with water and checked for signs of life but they were all ling dead. I think they died overnight since I saw no movement at all today and yesterday they were rocking and rolling. Five chicks that hatched overnight managed to huddle together and stay warm till this morning. The three chicks from yesterday were happy in the brooder until one squeezed through the wire and the cats got it.
So out of 26 eggs set I have 7 babies.

****... Sorry to hear that... Don't be too hard on him, I'm sure he feels pretty low about it... Just smack his hand and tell him you're driving the bator for now.... Kinda like raise'n kids ain't it. Ya wonder how they survived YOU sometimes.....

Do I have a new version of the wild colored quail???
(First pic is of normal chick, second pic is of new chick)

She has beautiful gray on her wings, turning into the normal color! She is stunning next to my other chicks!!!

Back
Top Bottom