Coturnix Quail Basics- Information and Pictures Galore

OK, well thank you for that.  Obviously Im just starting out on quail keeping and actually Im not planning on dong a whole lot with it I just wanted to try coturnix quail as pets.  Im hoping the offspring which I will raise will be more friendly to me than the pair I bought as nearly mature.

If you hatch your own, and interact with the cots, you will wind up with friendly quail. They tame very easily, especially once they figure out that you are the one that brings the food!

Is there a special diet for the babies?
How long is suggested for my just leaving this new hatch in the brooder? I held it most of the day yesterday because it was crying. I put it back in the brooder last night for sleeping but now, this morning, should I just let it be or hold it again?
I gave it water with a dropper yesterday and it explored a little of the chicken chick finer particles of food.

Last edited:
/img/smilies/smile.png I boiled some and deviled them for a function on Sunday. Got quite a reaction!

HOW DO YOU PEEL AND GET THE YOLK OUT WITHOUT BREAKING THE EGG WHITE? I TRIED DEVILING THEM ONCE AND IF I DIDNT BREAK THE EGG WHITE WHILE TAKING OFF THE SHELL I TORE THE EGG WHITE WHILE SCOOPING THE THE YOLK OUT.:he

With just a littlebit of practice they can be mass produced.... its amazing how many folks wont eat them thou..... City folks mostly.....

Quote: They have no clue what they are missing
droolin.gif

With just a littlebit of practice they can be mass produced.... its amazing how many folks wont eat them thou..... City folks mostly.....

I want to know how you are able to peel them without destroying the egg? I have no luck with that. Are mine just to fresh? Should they sit in the fridge for a week or more?
GIVE US YOUR SECRET!!!!

Back
Top Bottom