Coturnix Quail Basics- Information and Pictures Galore

Sounds like a plan, My coturnix are in a vinyl coated wire breeding battery. I keep the males and females separate when not wanting to hatch any out. They don't mind me being around or my hands in their area or anything. I got 5 new hens for a newer blood line ( since most original stock were imports. I imagine the gene pool is pretty closely related)
These bobs though. Man, wild as can be. They don't even like direct eye contact, these 5 day old are just as bad. Real flighty.

also going to make a dusting box to attach to breeder battery, not enough floor space inside. I like dry earth,sand,some food grade diatomatious (bad spelling)earth, and a little 7 bug dust. They love this mix and make a cloud when they come out and shake.

also going to make a dusting box to attach to breeder battery, not enough floor space inside. I like dry earth,sand,some food grade diatomatious (bad spelling)earth, and a little 7 bug dust. They love this mix and make a cloud when they come out and shake.

I use a rubber bowl for dusting in the pen. Pen floor is sand, sweet PDZ mix over plywood. Bit messy but I use a cat box scoop to clean it out.

maybe calcium deficiency or some other vitamin. once they start this could be a problem if they liked the taste...put crushed up egg shell in there with them and maybe some fake ceramic eggs to discourage them. over crowding could be a problem, too. if possible see which ones are doing it and remove them.

Back
Top Bottom