Coturnix quail chick can’t get up

Redneck85

In the Brooder
Nov 13, 2019
New Mexico
4BF78263-091B-4820-BCCA-FE8E1C371843.jpeg
I’ve had problems with this chick with balance and he was just fine and would get around okay, now he just drags himself across the ground. His legs cross over each other and he doesn’t seem to be able to get the hang of them. I don’t wanna have to put him down. Is there any way I can help him?

Have you given some Poultry NutriDrench or electrolytes ? That is what I would do first, and give some water in case it has not been getting enough. Offer some watery feed. What do the poops look like? Is it separated? Have you ever had Mareks disease in any of your quail or chickens before? Coccidiosis might be more of a risk, so if it is having runny droppings, you may want to get some Corid liquid from your feed store, and start it in the water at 1/2 tsp per wuart of water. I have no knowledge of quail, so I would also post this on the quail forum as well. A chick chair or sling might be good to use, and it could be placed in front of it’s food and water. Here are some pictures:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/versions-of-chick-chairs-please.1166308/

Have you given some Poultry NutriDrench or electrolytes ? That is what I would do first, and give some water in case it has not been getting enough. Offer some watery feed. What do the poops look like? Is it separated? Have you ever had Mareks disease in any of your quail or chickens before? Coccidiosis might be more of a risk, so if it is having runny droppings, you may want to get some Corid liquid from your feed store, and start it in the water at 1/2 tsp per wuart of water. I have no knowledge of quail, so I would also post this on the quail forum as well. A chick chair or sling might be good to use, and it could be placed in front of it’s food and water. Here are some pictures:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/versions-of-chick-chairs-please.1166308/
I’ve never had that in my quail or chickens. I bought these from a hatchery and had a couple die from the same problems he was having. I’ll try the electrolytes and do all that you asked. He isn’t separated from the other chicks. I haven’t really thought of checking his poop.

Back
Top Bottom