Coturnix Quail Chicks..all colorations(pics)

Thanks I'm going to now be just breeding...

Red/Red Tuxedo
LARGE Texas A&M
Silver/Platinum

and maybe regular Tuxedo...those are all Coturnix colorations. Then I will have the following colorations of bobwhite...

White
Orange
Tenn Red/White

smile.png

Thanks all....well since I sold all my breeder birds last fall because I thought I was getting out of quail breeding, I have to rebuild my flocks. And that process just officially began today when I got these in the mail.
These are mostly bobwhite eggs...wont be getting the Red/Red tux till feb/march...have several breeders/friends to get the eggs from.
Quail2010003.jpg

Hopefully you can get chicks from some of your original flock. I got some of Monarch23's last eggs and the tuxedo from them are so wonderful. I felt so bad for her when she got out of quail cause I had such a hard time locating well marked tuxedo coturnix so I knew she had worked to get them where she had. I'm sure you are in the same boat to a certain extent.

Yeah I do regret selling some birds...but glad I did it. The original colorations that I could sell like hot cakes back before coturnix got real popular weren't worth anything anymore. They don't sell well because EVERYONE has them now. So getting into the rarer colorations. And yes I'm really sad that Niki had to give up her birds...She got her first eggs to swell her addiction from me back when I bred soley Jumbo Browns and Goldens...and she was a great member of the quail family!
sad.png

Last year was the first year I got into the coturnix though I have had buttons for 20 years. The coturnix were a meat project for us but having buttons the color additcion had to come into play
smile.png
No matter what color though now that "everyone" has the colors the hard part is finding someone with eggs available that has healthy good quality stock. I learned that lesson fast after culling the first two clutches for physical deformaties, siezures, etc. Monarch recommended you so I was glad to see someone working with these colorations that will have good quality not just rare colorations.

Back
Top Bottom