coturnix quail eggs

They don't crow every time they want to mate. They crow when they want to mate and don't have any females around, like when I raise meat birds and have 30 roosters together. I usually have 6-8 roosters and 30+ hens. Some days I don't hear a single crow, but my eggs still hatch just fine. Also fertility will last up to a week in these birds, he only needs to breed her once ever 5-6 days for the eggs to be good to hatch.

But i've just got 2 quail a roos and a hen the male sometime crow and the chirp a lots but they have not mate :( the petseller tell me that in one month it is going to start to lay eggs :eek: normally at what age do they normally start to crow

Just be patient. They can crow from 5-6 weeks on depending on genetics. They often wont crow until week 8 or 9. Whoever is telling you that crowing matters to mating doesn't one end of their birds from the other. Happy roosters rarely crow.

They usually begin lay eggs between 7 weeks and 12 weeks. Stress makes them not lay, you bringing them home and putting them in a new cage is stressful so just give it time.

If you have two roosters with that one hen you need to get one out of there. These birds should be kept 1 rooster to at least 3 hens. They will often mate 1 hen to death.

O.k tnxx my broody budgie in brooding 3 coturnix eggs and today is day 4 the eggs was very warm and the chicks is forming inside im very exited and waiting patiently for the hatching day :) only 13 day left for the hatching day :)

My quails are mAking other sound but they dont crow what does it mean?? :0

If coturnix are making noise, they want something, or don't like something. Most likely they miss a bird that was part of their group before. THey are proabably calling to a bird you didn't buy from the breeder. Or they want food/water or one is being aggressive and picking on them.

If on day 16 the baby start to make small noise in their eggs can i remove them from the budgie and let them hatch by themself orlet them that hatch with the female budgie????

Last edited:
My male quail is losing feather on his head is it sick or natural ?? Help plzz!! :/ he hadnt loss to much but every its increasing and my water bol is outside the cage me i dont know if when they pass their head to drink that they lose their feather or its falling naturally or they sick :/ :( help me im very anxious about him :( if it is a disease what medcine i hav to give him help

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom