Coturnix Quail Hatch Along

Need to get pictures but they finally grew their plumage in! Looks like 2 wilds, a pure white, a grau fee, and 4 silvers. I’m a little worried about the pure white one since there were silvers in here. I think it’s just an english white, but I’m a worry wart… especially since it seems a bit stupider than the rest haha :oops:

Need to get pictures but they finally grew their plumage in! Looks like 2 wilds, a pure white, a grau fee, and 4 silvers. I’m a little worried about the pure white one since there were silvers in here. I think it’s just an english white, but I’m a worry wart… especially since it seems a bit stupider than the rest haha :oops:
If it doesn't have red eyes, it should be fine.

Hmmm, the white chick doesn’t have red eyes but I am starting to wonder if it has vision problems instead of just being a little slower than the rest :confused:

Whelp, a teenage family member that was visiting for the holidays went out and let my albino hen out on Tuesday night. Really not sure why, I can’t wrap my head around it. The next morning I noticed she was gone I looked all through the woods for any sign of feathers, blood, or anything but couldn’t find anything. My collie found her under a tree behind the pen this morning. Looked like she froze, and had been dead for more than 24hrs. Very upsetting. Surprised no animal grabbed her, but I think it was starting to draw wildlife as there was something lurking out there last night.

Going to be putting actual locks on the doors now :oops:

Whelp, a teenage family member that was visiting for the holidays went out and let my albino hen out on Tuesday night. Really not sure why, I can’t wrap my head around it. The next morning I noticed she was gone I looked all through the woods for any sign of feathers, blood, or anything but couldn’t find anything. My collie found her under a tree behind the pen this morning. Looked like she froze, and had been dead for more than 24hrs. Very upsetting. Surprised no animal grabbed her, but I think it was starting to draw wildlife as there was something lurking out there last night.

Going to be putting actual locks on the doors now :oops:
I hope you had stern words with said teenage family member. Maybe handed them the body of your bird so they could see the consequences of their actions.

I hope you had stern words with said teenage family member. Maybe handed them the body of your bird so they could see the consequences of their actions.
Oh believe me, I did with his parents. Apparently he has a history of harming birds and small animals… I have many birds so why they did not tell is beyond me. Unfortunately, I could not even get an apology. I ended up telling them I do not want to be involved with this stuff, and it turned into “It’s just a bird, we’re family!” Some people… :smack

Back
Top Bottom