Coturnix Quail Hatch Along

Oh believe me, I did with his parents. Apparently he has a history of harming birds and small animals… I have many birds so why they did not tell is beyond me. Unfortunately, I could not even get an apology. I ended up telling them I do not want to be involved with this stuff, and it turned into “It’s just a bird, we’re family!” Some people… :smack
I'd say that he's not welcome in your home anymore.

Oh, and keep an eye on him. That's how a lot of serial killers start off.

Oh believe me, I did with his parents. Apparently he has a history of harming birds and small animals… I have many birds so why they did not tell is beyond me. Unfortunately, I could not even get an apology. I ended up telling them I do not want to be involved with this stuff, and it turned into “It’s just a bird, we’re family!” Some people… :smack
:/ It's not *just* about the bird, it's the fact he was irresponsible with *your* animal. When people say this sort of thing, my first instinct (not that I would act on it) is to destroy something of theirs and be like "Well, it was *just* your car tires, we're family!" "Oops, I let your cat out - oh, it's just a cat, we're family!" Just admit you don't want to take responsibility! I already know I can't trust you anymore >:C

Report from my awaited hatch(es):
Currently waiting for about 30 eggs from our own birds, two have hatched successfully so far. I'm at work, so I can't provide any pictures, but they look like extended brown (darker with those cute little yellow eyebrows)

Also awaiting about 50 celadon eggs, should be hatching next week.

We may be buying more eggs soon, since we have friends who want quail.

:/ It's not *just* about the bird, it's the fact he was irresponsible with *your* animal. When people say this sort of thing, my first instinct (not that I would act on it) is to destroy something of theirs and be like "Well, it was *just* your car tires, we're family!" "Oops, I let your cat out - oh, it's just a cat, we're family!" Just admit you don't want to take responsibility! I already know I can't trust you anymore >:C
Yes, this is exactly how I feel! They’d be so upset if I let their pet dog loose, but it doesn’t matter to them if my pet is gone because it was a bird. I spent more time with that bird than they do with their dog! :lol: Stupid, but that’s people.

Report from my awaited hatch(es):
Currently waiting for about 30 eggs from our own birds, two have hatched successfully so far. I'm at work, so I can't provide any pictures, but they look like extended brown (darker with those cute little yellow eyebrows)

Also awaiting about 50 celadon eggs, should be hatching next week.

We may be buying more eggs soon, since we have friends who want quail.
Ooo wow that’s so exciting!!! They sound soooo freaking cute, my chicks are all grown now. Hatching your own eggs is so fun! I can’t wait for spring. I will live through your posts instead :lol: And you can never go wrong with celadons… especially 50 of them!! :p

Ooo wow that’s so exciting!!! They sound soooo freaking cute, my chicks are all grown now. Hatching your own eggs is so fun! I can’t wait for spring. I will live through your posts instead :lol: And you can never go wrong with celadons… especially 50 of them!! :p
Haha, I've got to get pictures to share but we're also just...not near the eggs right now. A neighbor's kid is helping us manage the hatch - we have cameras and a brooder set up and ready for the chicks, but it's honestly nail-bitingly stressful. Luckily, all the chicks seem healthy and active. I'm a little worried about how many of the eggs were fertilized (one male and like...eight females) but I suppose we'll see. It's crazy how different they look from our older chicks, it's very obvious they have different fathers.

I'm super excited about the celadons - they're supposed to be all sorts of colors already. If I get the expected 50% hatch rate from shipped eggs, I'll still end up with 25 quail so...very excited indeed c: I'd love to pick up some unusual colors and try to get like...pansy celadons eventually.

02C28024-54AC-4460-A464-6FB9CF04DAAA.jpeg

One of the roos from my last nightmare hatch :p

Cutie… I think I’m ending up with too many scc colors haha

Babies from the last hatch feathered out. Most of them gave me a lot of stress over winter, they were not as hardy as the other birds in the cold. I had to keep a few of them indoors over winter. They’re cute though. Some are supposed to lay celadon, we’ll see!
826B8BEA-476E-4158-BB7B-2E2FE4147F19.jpeg

86D101B0-5588-47B2-AB1D-61231474836E.jpeg

7254220B-531B-4EFB-B234-E422C86A640E.jpeg

(middle)
E8B1E6F9-B74A-4127-8A9D-B3DDF587E93D.jpeg

28C0C576-050E-4A48-99FD-148BB47DA397.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom