Coturnix quail hatching

Wildandfreemamma

In the Brooder
Jun 25, 2021
Hi everyone, just looking for some advice! I’ve done lots of research and now I’ve confused myself! 🤦‍♀️ Our quail chicks hatched at 3 pm and I’ve read a lot that you should take them out of the incubator by 12 hours old as they’re small and have smaller reserves to chicken chicks. However 12 hours is 3 am!!! Do I get them out before bed (they do look lovely and fluffy and no other eggs seem to be doing anything!)?? Or leave them till we get up about 6am?? Any advice??? Freaked out new quail mamma! Thanks in advance

I took the plunge and moved them to the brooder and they’re all doing really well. Thanks for your reply! We have 3 fluffy teeny tiny chicks 😍 so excited!!!!

That great I just wanted to know if you had more than one. Already hached. They to better in the brooder together.

That great I just wanted to know if you had more than one. Already hached. They to better in the brooder together.
image.jpg
We have 3 fuzz balls (the other one is under the brooder) 🥰 they’re eating and drinking and zipping around at an amazing speed! Thanks for your help, I really appreciate the network of other people in the know 😁

Back
Top Bottom