coturnix quail housing

Quote:
Great Setup!!!!

I don't have any more pics of my 6 cage setup I posted earlier. Here are some of my 3 cage setup. I know it probably has to many birds in it but I do that in winter to help them stay warm on the cold nights.

14593_000_0114.jpg

14593_000_0110.jpg

14593_000_0109.jpg

The second pic shows the little house I added - thats usually where the birds that get picked on hide

The measurements for the whole cage are 2 FT Wide x 8 FT long- They probably needed to be wider??

<The individual measurments for the cages are (3 cage one) 2x3 2x2.5 2x2.5 (6 cage one) all are 2x 1.3 ft>

This is my first cages so I'm not sure if this a the best cage setup but there are usually 5 birds each in the 3 cage setup and 3 birds each in the 6 cage setup - it works ok for the Coturnix but I wouldn't reccomend it for the bob whites

Those are very nice cages.
smile.png
I agree with the bobwhites... they sure like to pace! I have 15 birds in a 4x4' open pen. Nothing seems like enough space. But I used to keep trios in a 10"dx12"hx30"w cage just fine.

When they are chicks I have mixed quail with several chicken chicks...but would never mix too many chicken chicks with quail chicks. Deffinetly never button quail chciks way too small. And as you can see the adult birds are seperated in that one design. Adult chickens will often kill anything smaller than them such as small birds and such that get into the pen. But can live with quail. I have had quail get out of my pens and just hang around in the chicken pen.
cool.png

Ok! I had some custom breeding cages made last year...but when I sold out of my breeders I sold them to a local rabbit rescue. But here are some cages I use and will use as breeding/brooding/growout till I get some more Breeding cages built.

DSC02970.jpg

Quailchicks09001.jpg

PoultryPics014.jpg

UPDATEQUAIL001-1.jpg

UPDATEQUAIL006-1.jpg

Here is mine, seems to work just fine, I do like my quail to be weather tolerant.

AL

10364_img_0387.jpg

My wife bought me coturnix eggs & button eggs. We hatched out a couple dozen of each. I'm not sure what the benefit is off raising button quail outside of having them as pets. The coturnix, we hope will be providing us eggs and meat.

Back
Top Bottom