Coturnix quail: one hatched, others late hatching?

OH. It's been a handful in the past few days! Out of 24 eggs, ten hatched which I think is pretty good considering that they were shipped eggs and all the trouble I had with incubation.
Glad u kept at it gave them a chance and got a flock have fun with your cute babies I'm sure ppl want to see pics, pictures are like payment for the advice lmao

So, I'm incubating my first clutch of coturnix quail and it hasn't been smooth, honestly. We've had a few heat spikes and our home doesn't have A/C and then the incubator was accidentally unplugged for a few hours, though the house was still fairly hot, around 27-28 degrees. I was prepared to have none of these eggs hatch but now I'm kind of in a worse situation.

One has hatched, but it's almost 24 hours later and none of the others have even started to pip. When I put them into lockdown, the ones I could see through the shell of looked good, but I'm worried because there was another heat spike during the first day of lockdown where it got up to around 38. How likely are any of the other eggs to hatch? I don't want the baby that did hatch to be alone.
OH. It's been a handful in the past few days! Out of 24 eggs, ten hatched which I think is pretty good considering that they were shipped eggs and all the trouble I had with incubation.
How long from the first hatch the the rest of them hatching ? I’m in the exact same situation as you were, except it’s almost been 48hrs since the first hatch and I don’t see pipping, it’s day 18

It was about two days, a little longer. My biggest piece of advice would be humidity is important so make sure you don't open it more than needed.

Glad u kept at it gave them a chance and got a flock have fun with your cute babies I'm sure ppl want to see pics, pictures are like payment for the advice lmao
I sadly lost one that seemed a lot smaller and weaker, I tried to feed it by wetting q-tips with save-a-chick and then wetting its beak. It lived for a few days but just wasn't developing. But the other nine are doing GREAT!

Attachments

• beeper.jpg
    beeper.jpg
    546.3 KB · Views: 6
  • brie.jpg
    brie.jpg
    478.8 KB · Views: 7
  • gouda.jpg
    gouda.jpg
    689.2 KB · Views: 7
  • hazel.jpg
    hazel.jpg
    563.6 KB · Views: 8
  • pretzel.jpg
    pretzel.jpg
    610.1 KB · Views: 8
  • sebastian.jpg
    sebastian.jpg
    469.5 KB · Views: 8
  • squeaker.jpg
    squeaker.jpg
    620.3 KB · Views: 6
  • strawberry.jpg
    strawberry.jpg
    584.8 KB · Views: 7
  • techno.jpg
    techno.jpg
    574 KB · Views: 7
I sadly lost one that seemed a lot smaller and weaker, I tried to feed it by wetting q-tips with save-a-chick and then wetting its beak. It lived for a few days but just wasn't developing. But the other nine are doing GREAT!
🥺 Sorry for the lost one runts some times don't make it but I always give them the best chance I would so keep the first one the last one and 3rd from last 😂 no idea of the morphs but I love how they look

🥺 Sorry for the lost one runts some times don't make it but I always give them the best chance I would so keep the first one the last one and 3rd from last 😂 no idea of the morphs but I love how they look
I think we really lucked out because these babies are all so cute! We've got two tuxedos, a silver, and what looks like a pansy/sparkly! I think the darker ones are Tibetan but don't quote me.

I think we really lucked out because these babies are all so cute! We've got two tuxedos, a silver, and what looks like a pansy/sparkly! I think the darker ones are Tibetan but don't quote me.
I have to agree they really are it's like a photo shoot for different cute babies

Back
Top Bottom