Coturnix Quail Roo to hen ratio?

Ok thank you for the reply i will just run a 1:6 ratio then and hen i get a chance will get rid of the other 4 roo's Saturday im sure the poor hens are stressed out of there mind with ll the roos in cage around them i will have a little barbecue. Thanks also what will the chicks look like with a pharaoh roo and tibetan hens im sure they will look pretty cool. i will also put my A@M's with the other A@M Roo. thanks again
The tibetans will usually get pharaoh patterning but maintain their normal coloration, in my limited experience crossing the two.

OK the rest of the quail just completely pick the A@M's apart so i moved the 3 i had into a separate pen far away from the others i have 1 roo and 2 hens i thought this way i can sell A@M's and Tibetan and not just tuxedos so this should work a little better do they do good in pairs of 3?
When I add birds to a group, I put them all in a pen that is new to them for at least a week. After that you can move them back to whichever pen you planned for them. They see any bird you add to their cage as a threat to their territory.

It works best if you do it in the night when they can't see well, when they are insecure they will be less aggressive.

Back
Top Bottom