Cough/sneeze pekins

Jackanddianesmom

Songster
Dec 3, 2019
North jersey, USA
Hi, me again, I've noticed some coughing/sneezing in my pekins. It's not all the time but they will cough sneeze at least a few times a day. And tonight I noticed the tiniest bit of watery discharge from ones nose. I feel like this is something I should be concerned about, but they are acting normally. I'd rather not have to bring them to the vet again if possible (broke college student) but I will if it gets worse, or if you guys reccomend I do. Any help is always appreciated, thanks!

Hi, me again, I've noticed some coughing/sneezing in my pekins. It's not all the time but they will cough sneeze at least a few times a day. And tonight I noticed the tiniest bit of watery discharge from ones nose. I feel like this is something I should be concerned about, but they are acting normally. I'd rather not have to bring them to the vet again if possible (broke college student) but I will if it gets worse, or if you guys reccomend I do. Any help is always appreciated, thanks!
Do they have somewhere to wash their beaks? They’re not like chickens who can just use nipples for water, they need to dip their entire face into the water supply to wash gunk out of the nostrils and eyes. Is their enclosure dusty? Sometimes new bedding can be dusty. Lightly spraying down new bedding usually helps.

Do they have somewhere to wash their beaks? They’re not like chickens who can just use nipples for water, they need to dip their entire face into the water supply to wash gunk out of the nostrils and eyes. Is their enclosure dusty? Sometimes new bedding can be dusty. Lightly spraying down new bedding usually helps.
Yes their water is deep enough for their whole head. They use pine bedding and I dont notice it being dusty.

Back
Top Bottom