Could a racoon kill 40 pigeons like this?? Graphic

Sobek

Songster
Aug 12, 2018
orlando florida
Overnight something crawled into a hole I have no idea how it wasn't noticed and killed like 40 pigeons. I couldn't really get good pictures because ants and beetles started to take over. Birds were dragged out of the coop into a pile and some scattered around. Bites around the neck and not very big.. also I found this dropping by the pile. Only one bird was dismembered (half of it was ate)View attachment 2287437View attachment 2287439View attachment 2287440

Overnight something crawled into a hole I have no idea how it wasn't noticed and killed like 40 pigeons. I couldn't really get good pictures because ants and beetles started to take over. Birds were dragged out of the coop into a pile and some scattered around. Bites around the neck and not very big.. also I found this dropping by the pile. Only one bird was dismembered (half of it was ate)View attachment 2287437View attachment 2287439View attachment 2287440
Do you live a coastal area where mink are located? Weasels down your way. Feather distribution does look like struggles on ground along walls.

Do you live a coastal area where mink are located? Weasels down your way. Feather distribution does look like struggles on ground along walls.
We mostly see possums and racoons.... I literally have never seen a mink or weasel before I had to good what they look like lol

Raccoons will kill a bunch of birds at once like that. They just go into a frenzy grabbing anything that moves. With pigeons flying into the wire then hitting the ground stunned it’s easy for them to just go one by one killing them.
That’s not from a mink or weasel.

Back
Top Bottom