Could ducks lay green eggs

Could be. I'm not really sure what decides the color of the eggs if its the parents genes or just a gene that certain breeds carry. But I'd have to agree with you that they most likely lay white eggs as well. Sorry I couldn't be of more help with this. Maybe as FP stated its your khaki?

ETA: the only way to tell would be separate everyone or at least one duck at a time until you find the culprit but I understand how time consuming that may be. And if your ducks are anything like mine than it could also be difficult lol.

Agree with you on their last point. I'm not going to go through the trouble of separating them and scaring all of them badly just to figure out whose laying the eggs. I emailed Metzer's and I'll see what they say.

Agree with you on their last point. I'm not going to go through the trouble of separating them and scaring all of them badly just to figure out whose laying the eggs. I emailed Metzer's and I'll see what they say. 

Lol I know what you mean. Please keep me posted I'd love to hear what metzer's has to say.

Here's my problem. I have 1 19 week old EE/RIR cross that just started laying green eggs. She has given me one a day. Until today. I found 2 green eggs today at the normal spot. It couldn't be a chicken because my only other chicken that could lay green eggs is only 13 weeks old. Could a duck lay these types of eggs?

I have 2 Blue Swedes and 1 Black Swede and only 1 of the Blue Swedes have always layed a green or blue egg! She started out when first laying,green and now that she is older it has changed to blue,the other 2 lay white eggs! Hope this helps!

All khaiki Campbell lay green eggs those that lay White eggs are cross bread only khaki Campbells that lay green eggs are pure bread 20 year's ago all khaiki Campbell's layed green eggs now there are so many that lay White eggs people are told that they are pure bread but they are 100% wrong they are 100% cross bread

Back
Top Bottom