Could I house peafowl and turkeys together?

Waffle

Chirping
6 Years
Mar 29, 2013
Alberta Canada
We are thinking of getting peafowl and I am still doing research on it. I am also wanting some Turkeys too and just wondering would I have to house them separately or can they mix?!

I had mine together for a bit, with out any issues, I did notice that my Tom did not like new comers so I would add Peas first. Now saying that I think it would be better if they were housed separate, But it also depends on the housing. Are you using a tiny coop or a large barn? Are they free range or have a large Pen? How many of each? What age? what Sex? There are many variables.

We haven't got either yet and they will have a large pen. I have yet to make the coop. I am doing all the research first. If push comes to shove I will do just turkeys. I have a large shed that I am going to convert into a coop. Then build a new chicken coop out of pallets and ply board

I have 5 peas and 7 turkeys in the same house but separated into 2 pens. The peas are older and didn't want to take a chance with the mixing. I did have the peas living with my ducks and geese for 4 months and everyone was fine together.

The males will fight with each other. Best keep the turkeys and the peafowl seperated. I am having problems with the Guinea fowl attacking the peacocks. The 3 males seem to be attacking the males and the roosters in the large pen. Now the 3 male guineas are caged til I can find a place for them.

I had oner guinea that terrorized my peacock and i put him in a few days of time out and it worked but i had to do it 2 times before he figured it out.

Back
Top Bottom