Could i please get some advice i got a five month old American Serama

Judykaymayes

Songster
Mar 2, 2023
Could i please get some input on getting a pullet to put with my little five month od Serama Rooster? I dont want him being lonley.

Do you have any other bantam hens? If not, I suggest getting some- preferably of the same breed. If you can't get some of the same breed, I suggest finding a friendly bantam breed. (Most Game breeds are aggressive, so don't get any of those.)

I have 5 mo old Mille Fluer De Uckle I am trying to find right now a frizzle pullet for him.

Last edited:
Do you have any other bantam hens? If not, I suggest getting some- preferably of the same breed. If you can't get some of the same breed, I suggest finding a friendly bantam breed. (Most Game breeds are aggressive, so don't get any of those.)
How about Frizzle ,Showbird or Grizzle /Cochin / Bantam cross? for right now just going for a companion or two.

Here’s my experience with Serama compatibility…. I have my Mille Fleur d’Uccles, Porcelain d’Anvers, bantam Silkies, and Sebrights with my Seramas. Each of those bantam breeds get along well with them. Another Serama would be the best choice, but other bantam breeds are suitable. Good Wishes!

How do you care for your chickens in the winter ? we live in Indiana thid is my first winter with little Bantams !!

Last edited:
How do you care for your chickens in the winter ,we live in Indiana thid is my first winter with little Bantams !!
I grabbed this from one of my other posts (one of my own replies):

I have my Seramas, Mille Fleur d’Uccles, bantam Silkies, Sebrights, and Porcelain d’Anvers in their own draft-free insulated building (not with standard breeds) where I actually have tin on the ceiling and the back wall to help retain heat. I have a wall-mount temperature-control heater with safety features for when it gets extremely cold during these Ohio winters. I take extra precautions with it by ensuring that it’s very secure and has a steep little ramp above it, so that a Serama can’t use the top of the heater as a roost. This tiny breed really can’t handle temperatures below 40 that well, without beginning to suffer. I’M STATING FROM MY OWN EXPERIENCE ONLY. Other Serama parents will disagree with this, I know, but Seramas are tropical and teeny tiny birds that are fairly new to colder parts of the world. I’m an overprotective Serama Mamma, so I have never taken any chances with mine during freezing temperatures. If I didn’t have such a nice building (specifically built for them in mind) to house them, I’d have them in one of our garages or outbuildings to winter with supplemental heat during very nasty periods. I hope that something, in what I’ve provided, will be useful.

Mine is an American Serama he is bigger than my BB Red Old English Bantam Rooster is that what yours are?

Attachments

• received_639239961655782.jpeg
    received_639239961655782.jpeg
    82.3 KB · Views: 7
  • received_328865359525974.jpeg
    received_328865359525974.jpeg
    448.9 KB · Views: 8

Back
Top Bottom