Could i please get some advice i got a five month old American Serama

Judykaymayes

Songster
Mar 2, 2023
Could i please get some input on getting a pullet to put with my little five month od Serama Rooster? I dont want him being lonley.

Do you have any other bantam hens? If not, I suggest getting some- preferably of the same breed. If you can't get some of the same breed, I suggest finding a friendly bantam breed. (Most Game breeds are aggressive, so don't get any of those.)
How about Frizzle ,Showbird or Grizzle /Cochin / Bantam cross? for right now just going for a companion or two.

Mine is an American Serama he is bigger than my BB Red Old English Bantam Rooster is that what yours are?

Attachments

• received_639239961655782.jpeg
    received_639239961655782.jpeg
    82.3 KB · Views: 7
  • received_328865359525974.jpeg
    received_328865359525974.jpeg
    448.9 KB · Views: 8
I began with eggs from some breeders who have Seramas descended from the originals brought in from Malaysia by Jerry Schexnayder in 2001. I have Classes A, B, and C (some of my chunky Roos 😊).
I need to clarify…. other people have brought them in, but mine are supposed to have come from those originals brought in.
Mine is an American crossed with Bantams is what i think ,yours are so sweet and small !

Last edited:
Do you have any other bantam hens? If not, I suggest getting some- preferably of the same breed. If you can't get some of the same breed, I suggest finding a friendly bantam breed. (Most Game breeds are aggressive, so don't get any of those.)

I have 5 mo old Mille Fluer De Uckle I am trying to find right now a frizzle pullet for him.

Last edited:
How do you care for your chickens in the winter ? we live in Indiana thid is my first winter with little Bantams !!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom