COULD IT STILL HATCH!!!???? Nope... they were gone already.

Guitartists

Resistance is futile
11 Years
Mar 21, 2008
Michigan
Well, I had 5 eggs that didn't hatch. Candled them last night after removing the last 2 chicks. They never pipped or anything. Air cells still intact... didn't see ANY movement... but I left them in just in case. One is the other d'Uccle egg that had developed! I want it to hatch SOOO bad! Anyhow, out of curiosity, since no one has pipped yet, I JUST candled it... and maybe I am imagining things... but I thought I saw it move!!!! Could it still hatch???? How long should I give it? I have pheasant eggs coming soon. When should I call it quits? I don't want to throw it out if it's still alive!

Last edited:
What day are you on? You have already compromised the eggs due to opening the bator to remove the chicks and candle the eggs. I found another post from you that you were opening the bator while they were pipping. I didnt read the whole thread, nor do I know what day you are on now but opening the bator in what seemed to be your final 3 days of incubation is not a good idea. Humidity and heat loss will be a factor. There may still be a possibility though, keeping my fingers crossed for you.

Yes, I had one get it's head stuck and another clip its wing tip in the fan, and one trying to escape thru the air hole... so yeah, I felt 3 healthy chicks were better than none, so I pulled them out .... I noticed that my humidity and temps never fluctuated, so I continued to pull rambunctious chicks out occassionaly. I am remedying the issues that caused me to open the incubator so that next time I will not have to open, as I said, I agree that you shouldn't. But, after all is said and done.... I opened the bator the first time on the morning of the 20th day and 20 chicks from 25 eggs proceeded to hatch with no problems and are doing just great
smile.png
I candled the non-pipped eggs late night .. technically the first part of day 22. Since they have not pipped and the integrity of their shell has not been compromised, I am hoping that maybe that little one has a chance. I am wondering though, if they just were not "right". I may have even imagined the movement I saw due to the fact that I REALLY want this little egg to hatch!

Last edited:
Boy, you did has some crazy chicks,huh? LOL. Congrats on the great hatch. I would wait another day to see what happens with the egg. Day 22 is not too late. I've read that some had hatches as late as day 25. Some chicks are just not ready at the same time. Good luck.

Well, update........... They were all dead. Never did anything. Air cell intact. Some had greenish fluid in with them. Well, you can't hatch em all..eh? :|

Back
Top Bottom