Could my Hamburg be close to laying???

CluckySam

In the Brooder
10 Years
Nov 10, 2009
Melbourne, Australia
My gold-pencilled Hamburgs are about 21-22 weeks old (or so... not sure exactly... may be a little older). In the last week or so, Wonky Wanda has developed a very red colour, and her crest and lobes have grown. I can't find much info on Hamburgs - any advice on whether she might be getting close to laying? She is not squatting if I get close - she runs away instead!
lol.png
My other Hamburg is probably a couple of weeks behind maturity-wise, and the barnavelders... they are too busy eating to worry about laying eggs ~sigh~...
lau.gif

Please see pics and any advice would be gratefully accepted!!

Thanks,

Sam

Dec 27th
44298_img_0850.jpg

Today (Jan 9th)
44298_img_0860.jpg

Hello, I have three 20week old Silver Spangled pullets and am also waiting for eggs. Your bird is far more developed then mine with her colorful face, comb, and waddles. There is a Hamburg forum in the .......breeds section...might be a good place to ask your question about when Hamburgs start laying? I have gotten some useful information on the breed from reading the section. There is also a section on ..."when did your breed of chicken start laying". I think someone posted that it took 28weeks for their Hamburg to start laying. Hope this is helpful...am happy to see someone else who owns Hamburgs....good luck!!

Back
Top Bottom