Could my Incubator Fan be too strong?

ericbrbr

Songster
15 Years
Jun 28, 2008
Tennessee
Someone told me earlier that it may be too much for it. I have seen several people use these. I have just thrown out 10 out of 12 of my Barred rock Bantams (yes they are shipped eggs) I have my humidity pail now so my humidity trouble is over hopefully. 9 of the eggs where clear and the other 1 was devoping and even had eyes. I also have 3 peafowl 15 Barred Rock and 15 RIR and 4 more Bantams. The 4 Bantams are moving. The others are too young to even see veins. I am considering putting a deflector on it so it doesnt focus in one spot. Please let me know your thoughts. Thanks

12521_101_0436.jpg

12521_101_0435.jpg

I dont know how much power the fan has but it is suppose to just gently circulate the air. I would say if you put your hand above the fan and you feel a blast it is too strong, do you have the fan current blowing away from the eggs?,the purpose of the fan is to gently move the air current to prevent hot and cold spots. The fan should not be blowing on the eggs. Also, using shipped eggs is a poor experiment to test a new incubator. They were probably destroyed before you put them in.

The fan is blowing down but it doesnt seem to harsh. It blows down through the eggs and up a false back fresh air enters the freezer area from a 2 inch hole on the side of the fridge. I think I will just add the deflector to be safe. Thanks

Back
Top Bottom