Could (or should) i feed deceased predators to my chickens?

Reminds me of the time the time I went to a park in Alaska many years ago, and at the entryway, there was a printed sign that said something like "Caution, recent bear mauling in area."

The person I was with was like "Oh, it's awful that that happened" I was like "It is...but I'm concerned that it happens often enough that they HAVE A SIGN!".

I could see them calling in a order to the sign company "Yeah, we need 2 stops, a yield, and three 'bear maulings'" :th

So yeah, that's what "dead animal pile" makes me think of. :lol:
:lau:gig:lau:gig

This is awesome. I would have taken a million pics of that sign.

Some of the signs out there though, I have that same thought... "THIS happens often enough they needed a SIGN for it?"

:lau:gig:lau:gig

This is awesome. I would have taken a million pics of that sign.

Some of the signs out there though, I have that same thought... "THIS happens often enough they needed a SIGN for it?"

This was back in the days when everyone didn't carry a camera with them 24/7, sadly.

Which of course reminds me of this:

settled.png

I always say "If you want to feel no hope for the future of the human race....read the warning labels on a ladder". :gig

While it certainly sounds like poetic justice, I would be concerned about botulism when it came to letting my birds eat dead animals or maggots.

I don't have any issue with the thought of feeding any meat to my flock. They are omnivores after all. If I happen to have leftover cooked meat they get it. However, I don't want the stink or have to clean up any leavings related to raw meat. I can't even take the smell of some of those fly traps. And speaking of flies, I get enough of those already (not a crazy amount but any is too many for my preference) without drawing in even more.

I think I'm getting free protein by using compost piles that draw in a zagillion biotas... they're protein, right? No smell, chickens love it, easy and cheap to do.

Back
Top Bottom