Could someone please help me figure out the gender of my chickens

@LadiesAndJane can help with silkies, all are pullets, but i suspect the cockerel to be one of rhe silkies
Thanks for the tag.😊
I agree, likely one of the silkies. The black/brown colored one is most likely male based on comb size in one of the photos. The paint (lighter one) could also be a cockerel. Really hard to tell still. Good close up of the combs would help. 😊

The BR, RIR and Amercaunas are pullets. I think it must be the black Silkie, which does look like a cockerel. I agree that the white one could be a cockerel, too. You have to catch them in the act of crowing or laying to know who's doing what with those two, because Silkies are tricky to sex.
Thank you. I caught the black one doing it today right as I was reading these replies lol. I’m hoping the white one isn’t but I guess I will find out eventually.

Thanks for the tag.😊
I agree, likely one of the silkies. The black/brown colored one is most likely male based on comb size in one of the photos. The paint (lighter one) could also be a cockerel. Really hard to tell still. Good close up of the combs would help. 😊
I caught the culprit today as I was rewarding these replies lol. It’s the black one. I hope the white one isn’t a rooster too. I will post a pic of its comb later. Thanks

UPDATE:
I found out it was the black silkie. Thank you all for your help. I’m glad to know that the other nonsilkies are pullets and not roosters.

Hello. I got 4 chickens from a hatchery 2 Americaunas, 1 Rhode Island Red, and 1 barred rock. These chickens are now 15 weeks old. I also purchased 2 silkies from a lady. At the time, the white chick was bigger than black chick and now the black one is bigger. She said they were the same age but I’m not sure about that. They are supposedly 16 weeks now. I have just recently noticed that one of my chickens is crowing and I just can’t figure out which one it can be. Also, last week, one of my americaunas (the lighter grey one) went over the fence and lost some of its feathers from the neighbors dog. I’m not sure if perhaps something like that can lead to crowing because I’m new to all of this so I would love some help from the experts if you don’t mind!
The Partridge Silkie is the only cockerel.

Back
Top Bottom