Could someone please help me.

Garage is fine. No, they don't need light, just a cool-ish but not frozen place. They will sort of slowly continue to grow/ripen until they've used all their nutrients left in the plant, which will be another, oh, I guess about 3-4 weeks depending on the humidity.

If they start to go bad before they ripen (we picked bunches and hung in baskets) they make fine chicken food if they do not make the human consuption cut-off.

thumbsup.gif

2008 is turning out to be the coolest in a decade.

I love global warming.

ROFL!
lau.gif
I thought I was the only one who "noticed" the global warming!

We don't have basements here in the South... would the garage work?

Seriously? Why? Is it cause you are so close to the ocean?

Our tomatoes died of frost about 2.5 months ago!!!

Mine died then too (about October) but they lasted longer than last years!
sad.png
Now I have to wait until summer to get a good tomato. I just can't hack the store bought hard as a rock tomato!

The plants got so big and heavy with tomatoes that I couldn't hold them up with steaks anymore so I covered the ground next to the plants with some pine shavings and let them lay over...so they are on the ground but they are covered with tomatoes and still putting on new blooms.

droolin.gif
YUM!!!! Good luck with them! I sure hope they made it. Last night it got down in the single digits here.
hmm.png
Sure wish I lived further south! I hate cold weather!
hide.gif

Harley's girl :

We don't have basements here in the South... would the garage work?

Seriously? Why? Is it cause you are so close to the ocean?

The plants got so big and heavy with tomatoes that I couldn't hold them up with steaks anymore so I covered the ground next to the plants with some pine shavings and let them lay over...so they are on the ground but they are covered with tomatoes and still putting on new blooms.

droolin.gif
YUM!!!! Good luck with them! I sure hope they made it. Last night it got down in the single digits here.
hmm.png
Sure wish I lived further south! I hate cold weather!
hide.gif

I'm not sure but I think the main reason there are no basements here is cost...basements add a significant cost to the price of a house and people in the South generally have lower incomes than folks up North, so if they are going to sell houses here they have to cut costs where they can.​

Back
Top Bottom