1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

could someone tell me what breed this is?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by momaof3, Sep 26, 2016.

1. momaof3

momaof3 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 13, 2016
    [​IMG][​IMG]

I bought (her?) at a swap because I thought (she?) was pretty. The people that I bought her from said she was a mix but didn't say what she was mixed with. Also if you could give me any info on him/her after you figure out the breed that would be great too. Thank you.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2016
  2. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Kind of looks like a Light Cornish. Gonna be a big bruiser it looks like!

3. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life Out of the Woods Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    Cornish

4. momaof3

momaof3 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 13, 2016
    When I try to look up any info it brings up "Sage & Garlic- rubbed", "Rosemary Lemon", "Grilled", "Roasted", "Stuffed". I'm just trying to find more info on them. I don't want to "eat" her. Are these good to raise and keep as pets?

5. junebuggena

junebuggena Chicken Obsessed

Apr 17, 2015
    Long Beach, WA
    She's a White Laced Red Cornish. Not the best layers, but tend to be really good broodies. Excellent foragers.

6. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture

7. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    [​IMG]

I'm also thinking white laced red cornish, or at least mostly. If the sellers said she was a mix, she may well be, but I do think that's a good percentage of her ancestry.

They're not the Cornish Cross meat birds, they're also known as Indian Jungle Fowl. One of the ancestor breeds of the Cornish Cross, but not the same thing. She'll be a decent layer, a good forager and a great broody momma if you're so inclined to hatch chicks next year.

8. QueenMisha

QueenMisha Queen of the Coop

I'd say Cornish mix, but she looks mostly Cornish. Possibly from someone's color project stock.

9. Buddha bantam

Buddha bantam New Egg

Sep 27, 2016
    Yeah cornish, if mixed with anything, it will probably be aseel, or game hen.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by