Could this be a GLW?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Sphinx, Jan 13, 2012.

1. Sphinx

Sphinx Chillin' With My Peeps

May 10, 2010
    Utah
    This chick is supposed to be a GLW. It came from a pale brown egg. She/he is 6 days old. I thought the lacing was very interesting, and reminiscent of the lacing on a wyandotte, but the colors are really unique. What do you think? At hatch, the comb looked like a single comb, but now it seems to be an odd hybrid between rose comb and single comb.[​IMG]

2. CMTSMWC

CMTSMWC Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 9, 2011
    Indiana
    My GLW were very dark when they were chicks, that doesn't look anything like mine did. Where did you get him/her from?

3. Chicken Frenzie

Chicken Frenzie Chicken Whisperer

Nov 2, 2010
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]Golden Laced Wyandotte? No. It looks like a new Hampshire. Here's my GLW when she was 3 days old:

4. stephanie1992

stephanie1992 Chillin' With My Peeps

5. Sphinx

May 10, 2010
    Utah

They came from an egg auction here. I had six chicks hatch. Three look how I'd expect a GLW to look, the other three, not so much (there's pictures on the blog in my sig). Though, I do have to say that the two lighter chipmunk chicks' feathers are coming in dark, so who knows.

6. Sphinx

May 10, 2010
    Utah

Going completely off topic, but did your GLW have a spraddle leg? Were you able to treat it successfully? My fav chick is doing the exact same thing, and I've been trying to tape her to fix it.

7. Chicken Frenzie

Chicken Frenzie Chicken Whisperer

Nov 2, 2010
    I really have no idea, sh really weak so I was guessing she was to weak to stand. But now that you mention it, she had many problems with her leg and she couldn't stand when she was an adult. But she passes away about 4 months ago

8. Sphinx

May 10, 2010
    Utah
    Here's a new picture of her wings.
    [​IMG]
    She is now 8 days old. What breed could she possibly be?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by