Could this be a GLW?

Sphinx

Crowing
13 Years
May 10, 2010
Utah
This chick is supposed to be a GLW. It came from a pale brown egg. She/he is 6 days old. I thought the lacing was very interesting, and reminiscent of the lacing on a wyandotte, but the colors are really unique. What do you think? At hatch, the comb looked like a single comb, but now it seems to be an odd hybrid between rose comb and single comb.

My GLW were very dark when they were chicks, that doesn't look anything like mine did. Where did you get him/her from?

My GLW were very dark when they were chicks, that doesn't look anything like mine did. Where did you get him/her from?

They came from an egg auction here. I had six chicks hatch. Three look how I'd expect a GLW to look, the other three, not so much (there's pictures on the blog in my sig). Though, I do have to say that the two lighter chipmunk chicks' feathers are coming in dark, so who knows.

Golden Laced Wyandotte? No. It looks like a new Hampshire. Here's my GLW when she was 3 days old:

Going completely off topic, but did your GLW have a spraddle leg? Were you able to treat it successfully? My fav chick is doing the exact same thing, and I've been trying to tape her to fix it.

I really have no idea, sh really weak so I was guessing she was to weak to stand. But now that you mention it, she had many problems with her leg and she couldn't stand when she was an adult. But she passes away about 4 months ago

Here's a new picture of her wings.

She is now 8 days old. What breed could she possibly be?

Back
Top Bottom