Could this be a Green Queen?

Oh no!!!
I will cross my fingers that it is a female because the hatchery has a good reputation and claim 100% accuracy.
I've had three females that ended up being roosters from another company, so I had to find homes for them. I can't keep any roosters, so I hope this one is actually a female.

Would like to know which hatchery claims 100% accuracy? Even the best professional vent sexers can hit 90%. Most hatcheries claim 85-90%, which are still good odds. You will know for sure at about 8-10 weeks of age.:)
I know that sexing is extremely hard, but I purchased these from Meyer hatchery the other hatchery claim 90% .(I agree that's pretty good, but I had three roosters that I have to rehome, 1 being my lovable Dominique chicken ☹️)
So this time I have a ton of hope. I have really LOVED the experience with Meyers.

Even Meyer gets the sex wrong sometimes but you are right, they're a very reputable hatchery. Green queens can be tough to spot when mixed in with others since they're hybrids but there are a few threads here with a variety of pictures showing what they can look like. Could be either of the ones you narrowed down to.

Good luck with them. As hatcheries go, we've had some impressive birds from there.

Back
Top Bottom