Could this be a roo?

Do you have experience with HillTop too?
Yes. In short: I ordered 9. 1 arrived dead. 1 died within 24 hours. Others were sick. Four were day-olds, when they say they only ship chicks two weeks old or older. None were leg banded, as they said they would be. The so-called "heater" arrived deactivated, and they messed up the gender on an auto-sexing breed.

I've written about it in much more detail on other posts. Essentially, buyer beware.

Last edited:
Yes. In short: I ordered 9. 1 arrived dead. 1 died within 24 hours. Others were sick. Four were day-olds, when they say they only ship chicks two weeks old or older. None were leg banded, as they said they would be. The so-called "heater" arrived deactivated, and they messed up the gender on an auto-sexing breed.

I've written about it in much more detail on other posts. Essentially, buyer beware.
I’m so sorry! I will never order from them again. It was traumatic for my kids when we opened the box and saw one dead and the others looking like they were about to die. We have two left from that order and it looks like this one is a roo. We will have to re-home which would be devastating for my kids because they love this one so much.

That looks like a Barred Rock cockerel to me - Sometimes it is best to buy from large, well known hatcheries - like Meyer Hatchery, Hoovers Hatchery, and Murray McMurray - they are some great ones.
At least most of the time they get there breeds and genders right! :rolleyes:

Update! He is officially crowing! It’s the cutest thing. We are so sad that we’ll have to rehome him. If anyone is in the Austin, TX area and is interested let me know!

Back
Top Bottom