Could this roo be a Queteros?

KBsilkie

Hatching
9 Years
Apr 6, 2010
We have this gorgeous roo that has a full tail and nice even tufts of feathers by his ears. Used a cheap camera when took his pic
sad.png
He is the smallest bird we have, and spoiled rotten. We hatched him from a green egg laid by a tailed clened faced bantam hen and dad was a 'bout midsized with tail and tufted. He also has willow legs. Could he be Queteros? Hubby wants to breed to get rumpless tufted but for some reason clean faced rumpless eggs not fertile just the tailed hens eggs????

53398_chickens_4-17_4-18-2010_008.jpg

53398_chickens027.jpg

53398_chickens026.jpg

Any info would be greatly appreciated! Thanks

Last edited:
Ok thanks, wasn't sure about the comb, am new to chickens and was under impression that a pea comb would be smaller. His seems a little "floppy"... lol.

Quote:
It looks to have 2 smaller sides and a taller middle correct? If so, it is a pea comb, it's just not small and "tidy"
smile.png
Here's a pic of what my roo's comb looked like. It was even larger than your boy's is:

27475_img_5312.jpg

He looks like a tailed araucana to me. Comb looks like a pea comb, and the only breed I've seen with tufts like his are araucanas...
but the araucana was bred from 2 birds, a tailed tufted Quetero and a rumpless clean faced Colloncas
but since none of the parents were Quetero i cant see how the off spring could be

you could maybe use this bird to mate with a rumpless bird, but unless you can get recognised colours for an araucana or an ameraucana, they will just get classed as an easter egger

are your rumpless birds actually infertile or is it that you cock prefers birds with tails? a cock can mate with upto 10 hens and then sometime not all will be mated and others will be favourites, you could try segregating them for a while and make sure theyre being trodden

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom