Could use some help id'ing babies!

Mrs.Yardbird

In the Brooder
11 Years
Sep 4, 2008
Panhandle of Texas
Our babie will be 4 weeks old on Wednesday and we are wondering what they are...They all look kinda weird to me, but I'm very new to this still.

I am thinking this is a light brahma (It was too cute not to do lots of research on!
love.gif
)

chickies9-28010.jpg

Now the rest of these I'm completely lost on so any help would be wonderful! and greatly appreciated.We have 5 of each of the first 3 and 9 of the last ones.

chickies9-28006.jpg

chickies9-28009.jpg

chickies9-28008.jpg

chickies9-28007.jpg

I think you are right on the first one.

2nd - RIR (Rhode Island Red)
3rd - Partridge Rock (not sure though)

Not sure on the others.......

1st- Light brahma
2nd- I don't really know, I have a EE that looks like that but yours has yellow legs. I don't think is a RIR though.
3rd-Welsummer or Brown leghorn most likely the latter.
4th-Balck sexlink
5th- White leghorn
Where did you get them?

The only ones I'm quite certain on... are the 1st being a Light Brahma & the last being a White Leghorn. The 2nd appears to be a Red Sex Link & the 4th might be a Black Sex Link??? They're all beauties, though! Congrats on your new babies!!
smile.png

Last edited:
Here's my brown leghorn from McMurray at 12 days old.
P7250070.jpg

And at 4 weeks old.
P8100036.jpg

What variety did you order to get these chicks? I haven't had any red or black stars in my rainbow layers orders, so maybe if we know what you ordered, that will narrow it down.

We ordered the rainbow layers from them.

Would they really send 10 of the white leghorns?? We only have 9 now one little guy just didn't pull through
sad.png

ETA: Not that I'm complaining about the #...I love all my chickies no matter what they are! Just curious is all.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom