Could use some help please. Sex Link Questions

kizanne

Songster
8 Years
Mar 28, 2011
Tallahassee, FL
I have a Black English Orphington over some barred rocks. Will the babies be sex link? I have read you can put a black roo over barred rocks but couldn't confirm it would work with an orphington.

Will the males have white dots on the head or females?

I know with RIR roo the white dot is boys but could find much on my mix.

Any help appreciated.

I have a Black English Orphington over some barred rocks. Will the babies be sex link? I have read you can put a black roo over barred rocks but couldn't confirm it would work with an orphington.

Will the males have white dots on the head or females?

I know with RIR roo the white dot is boys but could find much on my mix.

Any help appreciated.

Black roo over Barred hens will give you Sex links, the hens will hve black chick down and the boys too but the boys will have a white headspot...

I believe if a black roo is crossed with a barred famale the offspring would be a black sex link. dont think it matters as long as its not a mixed breed.

heres a chart i found on another thread...it might not specifically say black orp, but as long as it has the correct genes.
13371_black_sex_linked.jpg

I believe if a black roo is crossed with a barred famale the offspring would be a black sex link.
Originally Posted by nicalandia

Thats what I just said.
Yeah i realize, but when i started reading the question, no one had replied yet. obviously u hadnt replied yet when i opened the thread....u can look at the time when the post where submitted, and u only submitted it before me by 4 minutes, and it took me time to find the chart.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom