Count Blackula is undead.

Enigmius

Crowing
5 Years
Jan 5, 2018
Mansfield, Tx
I let my ducks out this morning into their controlled duck yard.
An hour later all the remained of Count Blackula were a few feathers outside the duck yard about 15 feet away.

I’m so devastated. He was so sweet and had a beautiful voice.
I’m completely beside myself. I feel like I let him and his ladies down.

Attachments

• 0EF8DB20-35FB-45D7-A160-4E0C513469C4.jpeg
    0EF8DB20-35FB-45D7-A160-4E0C513469C4.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 28
  • 110B6308-7CFF-4897-89FE-6A9E175914AF.jpeg
    110B6308-7CFF-4897-89FE-6A9E175914AF.jpeg
    653.3 KB · Views: 20
Hi and so very sorry, for your loss. My heart goes out to you. Keep your eyes peeled, in case whoever done it, could well be back. Can you lock them up somewhere safe, for a while. I know they will not be happy, but only until you make sure it is safe for them. :love

Oh yeah. The three chocolate ladies are inside their house. I guess I’ll only let them out when I am in the garden nearby.

I do have one egg laid this morning. My dog had the other one. Normally I get three but one lady is not laying currently,molting?
Should I keep the egg just in case it ends up being fertile? Also is it possible that an egg will be laid tomorrow that is also fertile?

If they mated in the last week they can be fertile for a week or more, how I understand poultry fertility.

It sure would be nice to have a descendant of his incubated. Of course I could end up with all females, which is ok. The problem is if the eggs are all drakes. I would love to have just one drake only, and if I order them I could ensure that.
Ok I will just allow the ladies to stock pile the eggs just in case. I go on vacation this coming week for five days.

That’ll give me time to think about it.
Save the eggs and search your feelings. Odds are all the eggs wouldn't hatch anyway, so depending on how many you get it might be worthwhile to incubate them all if you decide to go that route. You just have to figure out what you'd do with extra boys.

Back
Top Bottom