Count Blackula is undead.

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Enigmius, Jun 5, 2019.

1. AmyJane725

AmyJane725 Crowing

Feb 22, 2019
    Western WA
    Sorry for your loss. :hugsHe sounds like he was a character. I halfway expected this to be some kind of joke thread.

2. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Loving this country life

A Runner drake is so light weight I think a Red tail could easily fly off with one.

3. Knighstar679

Knighstar679 Crowing

Jun 12, 2018
    Seneca Falls, NY
    I am sorry for your loss. I remember reading about these guys when they were so tiny. My thoughts are with you.

quackiemama, Enigmius and Miss Lydia like this.
  4. cheekychick3

cheekychick3 Songster

Apr 30, 2019
    WEST WALES UK.
    Hi and so very sorry, for your loss. My heart goes out to you. Keep your eyes peeled, in case whoever done it, could well be back. Can you lock them up somewhere safe, for a while. I know they will not be happy, but only until you make sure it is safe for them. :love

5. Enigmius

Enigmius Songster

Jan 5, 2018
    Mansfield, Tx
    He was a sweet boy, so mild mannered and I just loved his voice.

I’m already thinking about ordering another through Metzers, which means I’m getting another girl too since they will only skip two at the least. But, I live in Texas so... I’ll have to do it soon due to heat.

quackiemama and Miss Lydia like this.
  6. Enigmius

Enigmius Songster

Jan 5, 2018
    Mansfield, Tx
    Oh yeah. The three chocolate ladies are inside their house. I guess I’ll only let them out when I am in the garden nearby.

7. AmyJane725

AmyJane725 Crowing

Feb 22, 2019
    Western WA
    No time like the present I suppose. Nothing helps heal the heart like fuzzy new babies to snuggle. Count Blackula Jr. :love
    Or if he's brown like your girls, Count Chocula ;)

quackiemama, Enigmius and Miss Lydia like this.
  8. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Loving this country life

Sure wish we were close I have 4 Runner duckling 3-2 weeks old I have no idea sex of hatched here I am thinking there has to be a drake 3 are black.

9. cheekychick3

cheekychick3 Songster

Apr 30, 2019
    WEST WALES UK.
    Glad they are safe, and loved that you gave your girls, extra peas, and love, even
    though you was going through it as well. We always find that inner strength when we
    need it. But whoever took Count Blackula, remember it can never take your memories.
    He was handsome, and yeh, go out and buy 2 more. It will ease the pain, for you.
    Take your mind off it all. Let us all know. :frow

quackiemama and Enigmius like this.
  10. Enigmius

Enigmius Songster

Jan 5, 2018
    Mansfield, Tx
    I do have one egg laid this morning. My dog had the other one. Normally I get three but one lady is not laying currently,molting?
    Should I keep the egg just in case it ends up being fertile? Also is it possible that an egg will be laid tomorrow that is also fertile?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: