Ended Count the M & M's Before Santa Eats Them All - Regular

When would be a good time to do another contest????

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been known to hold count the quail contests :oops:
I just do not understand what’s wrong with you lot; honestly, I don’t.

I’ve been posting on these forums for at least three years and even the mobile phone users must have noticed that nutter Shadrach seems to look after around 20 chickens or less, no matter where he goes.

On those occasions when the number has increased past 20 it’s quite apparent that Shadrach does his utmost to reduce that number back to around 20. He even eats one or two if necessary!

The more inquisitive of you may well have wondered why that is. After all, as all the chicken math addicts will tell you, once you’ve got 20 what does a few more matter.

It’s all about science in a way. WAIT, don’t move on to the next post yet just because I’ve said a dirty word.

Some of you may have noticed, especially those of you on those intelligence test threads, that attached to your shoulders (they’re those bits just below you head) are a couple of body parts that sort of dangle off said shoulders and they are called arms. You’ve got, well most of us have unless they’re some of those “Oh I say darling, lets go country and have a go with one of those chainsaw thingies” another pair of body parts hanging off your arse (that’s at the opposite end to your head. A lot of people get confused about this so don’t feel bad if you get the two confused and talk out of the wrong end)

Now at the end of the four dangly body parts are things called hands (shoulder end) and feet (arse end).

Here’s a thing, It’s at the end of these arms and legs that other parts called hands and feet are attached.

This is a really important bit. It’s those bits, especially the hands that make us look smarter than chickens, quail, or even sweeties. No, it’s not the brain!

I’m fairly lucky and on each hand and I’ve got five of those things called digits and on the end of my feet I’ve got a total of ten digits called toes. No, I don’t know why the couldn’t call them all the same name. Maybe it’s to help people not to get confused between their arses and heads.

It’s winter here and no matter where else I’ve been winter seems to arrive along with the silly competition season. I realise that some of you may get much lower temperatures (this is one of the reasons I’m so surprised when I look at where some of these people who play these counting competitions live) and as we all know, winter tends to be cold. There are many threads here on BYC dealing with lots of issues to do with the cold and the more observant of you will have noticed this unpleasant condition called frostbite.

If any of you can come up with a sensible reason why I would even consider having to take my gloves shoes and socks off, sit in the cold for long enough to count to more than twenty, risking frostbite to win a calendar with pictures of chickens on whose pages I couldn’t even turn due to digit loss from frostbite because I tried to count thousands of little sweeties in a tiny picture with my failing eyesight, in the freezing cold, I may just consider reconsidering.

Are there less than 20 quail in your competitions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom