Country Quiet?

Farmer Kitty

Flock Mistress
12 Years
Sep 18, 2007
Wisconsin
Yesterday afternoon I walked out the door to do chores. I was greated with a chorus of geese honking, roosters crowing, and as I neared the barns and the calves saw me, calves blaaaaahing.

Quiet? No. But, beautiful music to my ears and I'll gladly take it over the noice of the city!

I agree! I love the 'quiet' noises of the barnyard. LOL

Actually I find it peaceful. Like everything is right in the world at that moment.

I can kinda relate, no bovines here but the dog and the birds are enough!

yippiechickie.gif

I'm so glad others appreciate the country melody!

So many times we take things around us for granted or are to busy to even notice.

I moved to the country about two years ago and at first the country-silence was deafening... with the exception of the hunting dogs down the road (that to this day still drive me a little nuts with their incessant barking at dinner time).

Nowadays I LOVE LOVE LOVE living in the country. When my windows are open I don't hear twenty neighbors mowing their grass at once... which used to by a symphony to me... now birds chattering amongst each other greet me in the morning, and the crickets and frogs at night lull me to sleep.

Have I mentioned how much I love living in the country?!?

I've often wondered if this is why city folk get mad over a rooster crowing. I guess if its mixed in with all the other city noises, it can sound irritating. Out here in the country, it sort of fits....like the sound of the morning birds, the owls hooting at night or the barking of a dog during the day.

Everything else is so quiet here that these "country" sounds seem to mark time for us. The rooster crowing first thing at daybreak tells me to get started, the dogs barking at the bus coming back from school lets me know my kids are home. The hens announcing an egg lets me know that they are on the job and nothing is amiss.

I love living in the country also and cannot imagine living anywhere that I can't hear these sounds.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom