Couple new snake pics :)

Kanchii

Crowing
15 Years
Sep 8, 2007
San Rafael, California
First up, Mystique my female '08 western hognose snake.
6-3-09002.jpg

6-3-09006.jpg

Gambit, my male '08 western hognose snake.
6-3-09008.jpg

And last but not least, Cornelius my '08 amel cornsnake.
5-13-09003.jpg

I love them
love.gif

Feel free to post pics and stories of YOUR snakes!

They're wonderful! I love hognoses, sweet little things. And lovely coloring on your corn. I want a corn (laveender, maybe) and a coastal carpet python. I need to win the lottery.

Beautiful pics! You always know how to make me incredibly jealous!
lol.png

I love the names you chose for the little hognose snakes. Gambit was my favorite character in the last movie!

Quote:
zomg yay! what colors were the parents?
big_smile.png

Thanks thanks! Dad appears to be a blue agouti hooded and I thought mom was a black hooded but she's developing brown throughout her hood! They're all snake food this round though. I might save a couple from the next batch for future breeders.

Quote:
zomg yay! what colors were the parents?
big_smile.png

Thanks thanks! Dad appears to be a blue agouti hooded and I thought mom was a black hooded but she's developing brown throughout her hood! They're all snake food this round though. I might save a couple from the next batch for future breeders.

The brown is just called rusting, pretty common in black rats, as is silvering.

nom nom nom, snake food! Do yours eat live or f/t?

Oh man your hognose are beautiful, your corn snake to. We have been looking for a hognose for probably as long as we had been looking for a pygmy rattler. The hognose around this part of the country are black in color. Maybe we will get one this snake season.
fl.gif
:fl

You guys should see my rattery. I have around 50 adult breeders so there is always babies but man its hard work keeping the pens cleaned out and everything. Its worth it because if we tried to buy food for 29 snakes we would be in the poor house for sure. In this area adult rats run $9.00 and most of the time they aren't that big so you would have to buy lots to fill the snake up. Also we are so far out in the country there are not many places to buy from and a lot of time they just don't have any rats.

I'm totally jealous Madison but happy you have the beauties.

Back
Top Bottom