Spitzhauben changing colors? 😅

Prncssjjr

In the Brooder
Mar 4, 2024
Hey there! This is my first posting & I’m a first timer. We bought 2 Chamois Spangled Appenzeller Spitzhauben chicks last October and they’ve recently molted if I’m not mistaken. We’re pretty sure we have a male and female. Issue is, the back ends of both of them ( mainly our suspected male ) are getting black spots on their feathers. I figured maybe this is due to some odd color breeding at one point as I know they come in black and white? It’s not mites as far as I can tell either. The feathers almost look like they’ve been watercolor painted? 😂😅

Any opinions would be appreciated greatly! Thank you!

First pic is only our suspected roo from today and each pic after is from before thier molts.
Last pic is up close of a feather I found.
I’m hoping not mites? 😭

Attachments

• IMG_5282.jpeg
    IMG_5282.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 21
  • IMG_5292.png
    IMG_5292.png
    3.9 MB · Views: 12
  • IMG_5293.png
    IMG_5293.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 12
  • IMG_5294.png
    IMG_5294.png
    3.2 MB · Views: 15
  • IMG_5299.jpeg
    IMG_5299.jpeg
    454.1 KB · Views: 15
Hey there! This is my first posting & I’m a first timer. We bought 2 Chamois Spangled Appenzeller Spitzhauben chicks last October and they’ve recently molted if I’m not mistaken. We’re pretty sure we have a male and female. Issue is, the back ends of both of them ( mainly our suspected male ) are getting black spots on their feathers. I figured maybe this is due to some odd color breeding at one point as I know they come in black and white? It’s not mites as far as I can tell either. The feathers almost look like they’ve been watercolor painted? 😂😅

Any opinions would be appreciated greatly! Thank you!

First pic is only our suspected roo from today and each pic after is from before thier molts.
Last pic is up close of a feather I found.
I’m hoping not mites? 😭
Chamois Spitzhauben are based on the gold verity but with dominant white and you can get black ticking in dominant white. I have the same kind of birds.

There is no baring in this breed and color variety.

Some of my birds. I have one that's almost solid cream/white w/the same thing you are seeing in yours.
1000005187.jpg

Back
Top Bottom