couple of Brahma Im not sure of ?

stormylady

Songster
11 Years
Dec 27, 2008
Illinois
ok these chicks were peanuts and were all suppose to be boys but the don't look lke there all the same. so could you tell me what you think please.
20212_baby_chicks_pics_039.jpg

[/img] the two brahma in the middle of the picture. Im going to get better pics later in the day
, but I noticed that one of the ones Im pretty sure of has a larger comb and also wattles are becoming obvious, some don't have them, Any guesses? Thank you Sandy

Last edited:
I see the small pic but not the large one.

Brahmas are very slow to mature, cockerals will have a orangey broad thick comb starting and wattles, the pullets have a very thin pale comb and just a slip of a wattle.

They are 6 weeks old in the pictures, I know i messed up when I tried to add some more pictures, Let me try again. Thanks
20212_baby_chicks_pics_064.jpg
20212_baby_chicks_pics_042.jpg

20212_baby_chicks_pics_071.jpg
20212_baby_chicks_pics_039.jpg
20212_baby_chicks_pics_069.jpg

Im having real problems trying to get this photo thing right sorry.
some of the boys are really obvious like honeycomb (the close up) but the others don't have any wattles growing that are noticable and the combs are flat to there heads.

Last edited:
Only one I can tell for sure is the far pic on the right in the last pictures you put up and that is a cockeral growing out at that age.

The first pic, the buff on the left looks to be cockeral too. It just takes time knowing with Brahmas as they don't mature quickly.

Last edited:
Quote:
Oh no! not my sweet little peaches, Golden sexlink, Shes suppose to be a girl, Boy thats a heartbreaker! LOL He is so sweet I would have never guessed. Thanks

Back
Top Bottom