Couple questions about seramas

I think if they are not used to be out all the time that they will stay close to the other chickens and close to the pen. Mine are out often but do not stray far away at all. Just work with them alot while they are young to keep them tame and I dont think you will have this issue. My liitle rooster thinks he is a person and flogs me now. God forbid I pick up his hen. It's like being attacked by a pigeon. If you clip wings you will loose the dropped wing look. Won't look much like a serama.

I definitely want them to look like seramas! I will just keep them tame
smile.png
I'd like them to be people friendly, anyway. Thanks for that info!

This thread is really old but I'm hoping someone can offer their experience with Seramas free ranging with hens and silkies. I am debating on clipping wings. I want them to be able to escape the other chickens if ever needed but do not want to have them escape or fly up into a tree where I can't reach them. I also have their roosts/coop area up higher than the others for rainy/cold days for their own space and want them to access it with ease. Basically, I would like to keep their flight abilities below 6' and at about 3'. Am I expecting too much?
Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom